This is a part-time temporary position reporting to the Parks and Recreation Director, while working in
collaboration with the Town of Lisbon Departments and Moxie Committee. Working with internal staff and
community members, the Coordinator handles all event planning, volunteer coordination, and administrative
duties for the Moxie Festival.
The successful candidate will provide energy, creativity and community relations expertise that will make a
substantial impact on the Summer Event Series and also the Moxie Festival while enhancing the image and
positive relationships of the Town of Lisbon.
The summer event series coordinator will work with local businesses, volunteers, and Town staff to plan, and
implement a range of events at a variety of locations.
• Experience in marketing, public or community relations, event planning
• Experience in planning and implementing events including expertise in attracting sponsorships; proven track
record in developing and implementing promotion plans; print production expertise associated with
• Extensive experience facilitating committee meetings.
• Extensive experience working with local businesses and donors, as well as managing, supervising and
orienting volunteers for events. Media relations experience is an asset.
• Project Management, organizational and prioritizing skills; problem solving and organizational skills; attention
to detail is imperative.
• The ability to work well independently and multi-task, as well as the ability to work with a diverse group of
individuals in a team environment (ranging from the moxie committee, corporate leaders, staff and
• Must possess excellent written and oral communication, organizational, customer service and creative thinking
skills to ensure a professional execution of all related special events. Software proficiency in Microsoft Word,
Excel, Power Point.
To Apply: This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. Interested applicants should
forward cover letter and resume detailing all applicable experience and references by March 1, 2021 to:
Subject Line: Event Coordinator
Megan Lavigne, Human Resources Assistant
Town of Lisbon
300 Lisbon Street
Lisbon, ME 04250
The Town of Lisbon is an Equal Opportunity Employer.