MCDA’s purpose is to provide forums to increase awareness and foster communication relating to community development issues and concerns, and to provide education and training through workshops.
Who is Invited to Join
Any person, municipality, or firm employed by or interested in economic and/or community development.
Benefits to Becoming a Member
- Training and Professional Development Workshops
- Legislative Advocacy
- Connection to Funding Sources
- Institutional Knowledge of Economic and Community Development Professionals
- Tenure and Experience of Members
- Credible Voice
- Quarterly Newsletters
- Internal Network through ListServe
- The e-mail networking list permits you to:
o Network with colleagues
o Quickly resolve problems and seek solutions
o Seek advice or answers and get responses quickly
o Actively participate in discussions or simply monitor news or developments
o Stay involved with the organization.
Regular meetings of the General Membership and the Executive Committee are held every second Thursday of every month via teleconference calls. The Executive Committee meetings may also be called by the President or majority of officers on an as-needed basis. The Annual Meeting of the Association takes place at the Annual Convention of the Maine Municipal Association each year in October